USTSU

§@ªÌ: danny803
À˵ø: 5256|¦^ÂÐ: 6

¥DÃD¼ÐÅÒTag

more¡@+ÀH¾÷¹Ï½àGallery

单¤H©Ð间¥X¯² Summer/Fall 2024 - ¶ZÖÃCSULB 1.9mi Long Beach单¤H©Ð间¥X¯² Summer/Fall 2024 - ¶ZÖÃCSULB 1.9mi Long Beach
º¸ÆW Turtle Rock ¦n°Ï¶®©Ð¥X¯²900º¸ÆW Turtle Rock ¦n°Ï¶®©Ð¥X¯²900
ÆW°Ïª÷¤s±Ð¨®±Ð½mÆW°Ïª÷¤s±Ð¨®±Ð½m
¶®©Ð¤À¯²¤é¸¨°Ï(sunser)¤Î®M©Ð¶®©Ð¤À¯²¤é¸¨°Ï(sunser)¤Î®M©Ð
Cupertino¶®©Ð¥X¯²Cupertino¶®©Ð¥X¯²
º¸ÆW Turtle Rock ¦n°Ï¶®©Ð¥X¯²850º¸ÆW Turtle Rock ¦n°Ï¶®©Ð¥X¯²850

Write to your Senator and Congressman/Co

[½Æ»s³sµ²]
danny803 µoªí©ó 2005-2-16 12:50:27 | Åã¥Ü¥þ³¡¼Ó¼h |¾\Ū¼Ò¦¡
À˵ø: 5256|¦^ÂÐ: 6
You can write with your own words
===============================================
Dear Member of Congress:

On December 29, 2004 the Standing Committee of the Chinese National People¡¦s Congress voted to submit a new Anti-Secession Law to the full Congress (which will convene on March 5, 2005.) The law mandates a military attack on Taiwan if Taiwan formally declares independence. The law echoes the provisions of a Defense Policy White Paper that Beijing released two days earlier in which it threatens to ¡§crush¡¨ Taiwan if the island declares independence, and that it is the ¡§sacred responsibility¡¨ of the PRC army to stop Taiwan from ¡§splitting the country.¡¨

We write to you today to ask that you express your grave concern about these disturbing developments. We would appreciate if you would make a short statement on the floor of the House of Representatives STRONGLY OPPOSING China¡¦s Anti-Secession Law, for it not only constitutes an extremely provocative move which will heighten the already tense situation in the Taiwan Strait, it also directly challenges current US policy that there should be no unilateral attempt to change the status quo in the Taiwan Strait and that the Cross-Strait relationship should be determined by peaceful means.

Otherwise, we would tremendously appreciate if you would insert an extension of remarks in the Congressional Record condemning these Chinese actions. The law needs to be stopped in its tracks.

Why? Because the Anti-Secession Law initiative is an extremely provocative move by China which will permanently destroy the balance in the Taiwan Strait. Enacting the law is not conducive to the creation of a healthy environment for the resumption of cross-Strait dialogue. It constitutes another unilateral attempt by China to change the status quo and dangerously enhances tension in the region.

By enacting the Anti-Secession Law, China seeks to define its ties with Taiwan on its own terms and the law would undermine other countries¡¦ support for Taiwan under the pretext that these countries would be meddling in China's domestic affairs. This would strip the United States as well of its right to protect Taiwan¡¦s security and U.S. strategic interests in the region.

Furthermore, through the Anti-Secession Law, China seeks to forge a legal basis for its plans to launch a military attack against Taiwan. The fact that the Chinese Defense White Paper was released simultaneously underscores China¡¦s intention to solve its differences with Taiwan by military force.

The ¡§Taiwan Relations Act,¡¨a U.S. domestic law which has regulated the U.S.-Taiwan relationship since 1979, specifically states that the U.S. decision to establish diplomatic relations with China in 1979 rests upon the expectation that the future of Taiwan will be determined by peaceful means; and that the U.S. considers any effort to determine the future of Taiwan by other than peaceful means a threat to the peace and security of the Western Pacific area and of grave concern to the U.S.

Moreover, under the Anti-Secession Law, Taiwan would be considered a part of Chinese territory. Any action contributing to Taiwan independence would be a punishable crime. This would entail that -for instance- Taiwanese businessmen operating on the mainland would run the risk of being jailed for their support of Taiwan. Overall, China¡¦s ability to wildly interpret and enforce the law will seriously jeopardize the human rights of the people of Taiwan.

Thank you very much for your support of Taiwan.

Sincerely,
===============================================
 ¼Ó¥D| danny803 µoªí©ó 2005-2-16 12:51:42 | Åã¥Ü¥þ³¡¼Ó¼h
Senator Barbara Boxer
112 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON DC 20510

Senator Dianne Feinstein
331 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON DC 20510

Congressman Mike Thompson
YOLO DISTRICT OFFICE
712 Main Street, Suite 1
Woodland, CA 95695

Congressman Christopher Cox
Orange County Office
One Newport Place, Suite 1010
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Congressman Adam Schiff
29th District Office
35 S. Raymond Ave. #205
Pasadena, California 91105

Congressman Gary Miller
Brea Office
1800 East Lambert Road Suite 150
Brea, CA 92821

Congressman Michael Honda
San Jose 15th District Office
1999 South Bascom Ave Suite 815
Campbell, CA 95008

Congressman Zoe Lofgren
San Jose 16th District Office
635 N. First Street, Suite B
San Jose, CA 95112

Congressman Tom Lantos
San Mateo 12th District Office
400 S. El Camino Real Suite 410
San Mateo, CA 94402

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
San Francisco 8th District Office
450 Golden Gate Avenue, #145378
San Francisco, California 94102

Congresswoman Anna Eshoo
Palo Alto 14th District Office
698 Emerson Street
Palo Alto, California 94301
jcw007 µoªí©ó 2005-2-16 13:38:06 | Åã¥Ü¥þ³¡¼Ó¼h
Who wrote this nicely written letter? I know I can rule out certain individuals here :D
 ¼Ó¥D| danny803 µoªí©ó 2005-2-16 22:00:16 | Åã¥Ü¥þ³¡¼Ó¼h
To find your local congressman
http://www.house.gov/
 ¼Ó¥D| danny803 µoªí©ó 2005-2-16 22:02:15 | Åã¥Ü¥þ³¡¼Ó¼h
To find the US senator of your statehttp://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
 ¼Ó¥D| danny803 µoªí©ó 2005-2-16 22:13:20 | Åã¥Ü¥þ³¡¼Ó¼h
¤¤°ê¨î©w¡u¤Ï°ê®a¤Àµõªk¡v¡A©ú¥Ø±iÁx¬D¾Ô¬ü°êªº¡u¥xÆWÃö«Yªk¡v

¡@°ß¦³¥xÆW¥þ¥Áªº·N§Ó®i²{¡A¤~¯àÀò±o°ê»ÚÁֽפä«ù¡A¦@¦PÄUªý¤¤°ê¥ô¦ó¥i¯à§ïÅÜ¥x®ü²{ª¬ªº¾|²õ¦æ°Ê

¤¤°ê·í§½§¹¥þ¤£§â¥xÆW´Â³¥¥Á¶¡ªº¤Ï¹ïÁn®ö¡B°ê»ÚªÀ·|ªºÄU§iÁn­µ©ñ¦b²´ùØ¡A¤´µM°õ·N¦b3¤ë5¤é¥l¶}ªº¥þ°ê¤H¥Á¥Nªí¤j·|¼fij¡u¤Ï¤Àµõ°ê®aªk¡v¡A­¢¨Ï¥xÆW¤è­±¤£±o¤£±Ä¨ú¥²­nªº¤Ï¨î¦æ°Ê¡A°£¤F¬F©²¿n·¥¬£»º¦h­Ó¹C»¡¹Î¤À­u¬ü°ê¡B¤é¥»¡B¼Ú·ù¤ÎªF«n¨È°ê®a»¡©ú¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡v¹ï¥x®ü§½¶Õ¡B¨â©¤©M¥­ªº«Â¯Ù¤§¥~¡A¥Á¶¡¹ÎÅé¤]±N¦b2¤ë28¤éµo°_§Üij¬¡°Ê¡F¥xÆWªº°ê»Ú¹C»¡«Å¹F¤u§@¡A³°©e·|¥D©e§d°xÀè«ü¥X¡A¤w¸g³vº¥Àò±oªì¨Bªº¥¿­±¦¨ªG¡A¨Ò¦p¬ü°ê°Æ°ê°È­ë´£¦W¤H¥ª¨½§J¦b°Ñij°|ªºÅ¥ÃÒ·|ªí¥Ü¡A¬ü°ê¹ªÀy¨â©¤¹ï¸Ü¡A¡u·íµM§Æ±æ¤£­n¥Î¡y¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡z¤§Ãþªº¦æ°Ê¡A¨«¤W¹ï¸Ü¥H¥~ªº¤è¦V¡v¡C§Ú­ÌªÖ©w¥ª¨½§Jªº½Í¸Ü¡A¤]§Æ±æ¬ü°ê¬F©²¯à¥H§ó°í©wªº¥ß³õ¡B©ú½TªººA«×¡A¥¿§i¤¤°ê·í§½°±¤î¦A¥H¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡v¤§Ãþªº¬DÆ]Á|°Ê¡A¾|²õ¯}Ãa¨â©¤ªº²{ª¬¡C

¤¤°ê¼fij¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡vªº¸}¨B³vº¥¹Gªñ¡A¥xÆW¦U¬É¤Î°ê»ÚªÀ·|³£À³»{²M¤@­Ó¨Æ¹ê¡A³o¬O¤¤°ê·N¹Ï¥H©Ò¿×ªº¡u°ê¤ºªk¡v¦Ó¦æ¨Ö§]¥xÆWªº³±¿Ñ¡A¦P®É¤]¬O©ú¥Ø±iÁx¦b¹ï¬ü°ê¡u¥xÆWÃö«Yªk¡vªº¬D¾Ô¡B¸vµL§Ò¼ª¦a¹ï¤HÃþ¤å©úªº¦ÃöG¡F¹ï©ó¥xÆWªº°ê®a¥DÅv´LÄY¡A¤¤°ê·í§½©Î¥H¡u­x¨Æ¤Æ¡vªº­¸¼u«ðÀ~¡A©Î¥H¡uªk¨î¤Æ¡vªº¸ÞÃ㦬½s°Ê§@¡A¬F©²°£¤FÀ³¸Ó«ùÄò®i²{¨¬°÷ªº§ÜÀ£¤O¡A§óÀ³°í«ù½T¥ß¥xÆWªº¥DÅv¿W¥ß§¹¾ã¡A¨Ã¦V¥xÆW¤º³¡¡B°ê»ÚªÀ·|¥R¤À·¾³q»¡©ú¥xÆWªº¥DÅv¦s¦b¨Æ¹ê¡A§Ú­Ì»{¬°¡A³¯¤ô«óÁ`²Îµy¦­±µ¨ü¤é¥»´CÅé¡m¨C¤é·s»DªÀ¡nªº±M³X½Í¸Ü¡A°ê¦w·|¡B·s»D§½µ¥³æ¦ì¤¹À³»s¦¨»¡©«¡A¼sªx¦a¦V¬ü°êªº¬F©²¡B°ê·|¤Î´¼®w«Å¹F¡C

³¯Á`²Î«D±`²M·¡«ü¥X¡A¥_¨Ê¨î©wªº¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡v¡A§¹¥þ´N¬O°w¹ï¬ü°êªº¡u¥xÆWÃö«Yªk¡v¦Ó¨Ó¡A¥ø¹Ï³z¹L°ê¤º¥ßªk¨Ó¨ú±oªZ¤O§ð¥xªºªk«ß¨Ì¾Ú¡F³¯Á`²Î»¡¡A·í¥L¬Ý¨ì¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡vªº¤º®e®É¡A«D±`Åå³Y¡A®Ú¥»´N¤£¬O©Ò¿×ªº¡u©M¥­²Î¤@ªk¡v¡A¦Ó¬O¡u¾Ôª§ªk¡v¡F§Ú­Ì§¹¥þ¦P·N³¯Á`²Îªº½×ÂI¡A¨Æ¹ê¤W¡A¤¤°ê¬F©²ªñ¨Óªº¹ï¥x¤u§@ÀWÀW®i¶}´CÅé¾Ô¡B¤ß²z¾Ô¡Bªk«ß¾Ôªº¡u¤T¾Ôµ¦²¤¡v¡A¦Ü©ó©Ò¿×ªº¡u¤Ï¤Àµõ°ê®aªk¡v¥¿¬O¥_¨Ê·í§½¹ï¥xªºªk«ß¾Ôµ¦²¤¡A¦k¥H¡uªk·½¡v¨ú±oªº¤è¦¡¦Ó¦V°ê»ÚªÀ·|«ÅºÙ¡A¤¤°êªºªZ¤O¥Ç¥x¤D¬O¬°¤Fµ²§ô¡u°ê®a¤Àµõ¡v¡B«P¶i¡u°ê®a²Î¤@¡vªº¦Xªk¤§Á|¡A³o¤£¥¿¬O©ú¥Ø±iÁx¦b¹ï¬ü°ê¡u¥xÆWÃö«Yªk¡vªº¬D¾Ô¶Ü¡H

§Ú­Ì´¿¦bµy¦­¤Þ­z¡u·s¥@¬ö¤å±Ð°òª÷·|¡v¸³¨Æªø³¯¶©§Óªº½×­z«ü¥X¡A¥x®ü¨â©¤ÄÝ©ó¡u°ê»Úªk¡vªº³W½dÃö«Y¡A¦]¦¹¤¤°êªº¡u°ê¤ºªk¡v®Ú¥»µLªk¬ù§ô¥xÆW¡F¬ü°ê¬F©²¤]À³¸Óª¾¹D¡A¥_¨Ê·í§½¦k·Q­n¥H¡u¤Ï¤Àµõ°ê®aªk¡v¸G¤Æ¡B¯Ç½s¥xÆWªº°ê®a¥DÅv¤§Á|¡AÄY­«¹H¤Ï°ê»Úªk¡BÁp¦X°ê¾Ë³¹¤Î¬ü°êªº¡u¥xÆWÃö«Yªk¡v¡AµØ©²¤¹À³ÄYµÂ¥¿§i¥_¨Ê·í§½¤£¥i±Ä¨ú¥ô¦ó¥i¯à§ïÅÜ¥x®ü²{ª¬ªº¤ù­±¦æ°Ê¡A­Õ­Y¬ü°ê¦]¬G§¤µø¤¤°ê¨î©w¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡vªº®ðµK°ªº¦¡A¤é«á­Y¹J¥x®ü¾Ô¨Æ¡A¬ü°êªº¨ó¨¾¥xÆW¡A´N·|³Q¤¤°ê·í§½¥¸¬°¡u¤z¯A¤º¬F¡v¡C

¥t¤@¤è­±¡A´N³s¥xÆWªºªxÂÅ»â¾É¤H¤§¤@¡B¥x¥_¥«ªø°¨­^¤E³£¤w¹îı¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡v³y¦¨¨â©¤ºò±i®ðª^¤£Â_¤É°ª¡A¬Æ¦Ü¥i¯àºtÅܦ¨¬°¡u´c©Ê´`Àô¡v¡F§Ú­Ì¦P·N°¨­^¤EªºÆ[ÂI¡A¤@¥¹¤¤°ê¨î©w¡u¤Ï¤Àµõªk¡v¤§«á¡A¥]¬A¥xÆW¡B¦èÂäH¥Áªº¬Fªv¤HÅv³£±N¾D¨ì¥_¨Êªº«ÂÅvºã¨î¡C

§Ú­Ì»{¬°¡A¦¹¨è¥¿·í¥xÆWªº¥DÅv¨­¤À¡B°ê®a©w¦ì¤@¦A¾D¨ì¤¤°êªºµL²zÀ£ÁY¡A´Â³¥¬FÄÒ³£À³¤ä«ù¬F©²¥D°Ê®i¶}¥þ­±¿n·¥ªº°ê»Ú«Å¶Ç¾Ô¡A°ß¦³¥xÆW¥þ¥Áªº·N§Ó®i²{¡A¤~¦³¥i¯àÀò±o°ê»ÚªÀ·|ªºÁֽפä«ù¡A¶i¦Ó¦@¦PÄUªý¤¤°ê¬F©²¥ô¦ó¥i¯à§ïÅÜ¥x®ü²{ª¬ªº¤ù­±¾|²õ¦æ°Ê¡C
 ¼Ó¥D| danny803 µoªí©ó 2005-2-18 13:08:51 | Åã¥Ü¥þ³¡¼Ó¼h
PROC is going to pass the law early in March
Please write to your senator and congressman/congresswoman ASAP
§A»Ý­nµn¤J«á¤~¥i¥H¦^ÂÐ µn¤J | ¦¨¬°·|­û

¥»ª©¿n¤À³W«h

¤p¶Â«Î|¤â¾÷ª©|Archiver|USTSU

GMT-8, 2024-5-7 15:57 , Processed in 0.019584 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.