USTSU

作者: CJC
檢視: 9229|回覆: 2

主題標籤Tag

more +隨機圖賞Gallery

单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900
灣區舊金山教車教練灣區舊金山教車教練
雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房
Cupertino雅房出租Cupertino雅房出租
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850

[已解決] Merced

[複製連結]
CJC 發表於 2005-1-8 19:04:19 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
檢視: 9229|回覆: 2
I am looking for any Taiwaness or Chiness student who currently studys in Merced area, can be in college or other schools.  A friend of mine would like to know more about that area as she is planing to go to UC Merced this fall.  
Thanks

Blueted 發表於 2005-1-10 23:44:14 | 顯示全部樓層
mm.....
Do you know any school or college which is in Merced area besides UC Merced?
There seem to be no Taiwanese association in that school, so we can't find any one to contact.
aphoris 發表於 2008-12-14 19:31:38 | 顯示全部樓層

Hello I'm a student from UC Merced

Hi there,
     I'm a transfer student from UC Merced. I've posted a link @ ptt3. There's no Taiwanese association @ UC Merced yet. However, there is a  CSSA=Chinese Student & Scholar Association.
They have a lot of information on the website which I think might be helpful.
http://cssa.ucm.googlepages.com/home

Are you sure your friend want to come here? I think it's a pioneer school, which was founded on 2005.
There are only 3 classroom buildings here, and you have to consider the Alumni association might not be very useful for future Networking as all the Alumni just started entering the working force.
Honestly it's tough here because we have to figure everything out by ourselves without the consultancy & assistance from any Taiwanese seniors. People are nice and more laid back here though, since it's a country side. Life is very simple, because you have no Karaoke to go and there is only 1 good Chinese restaurant (New Asia) This region is still under development. There's no Chinese supermarket here so you have to drive for at least 1 hours to Fresno to find one. The rent is quite cheep though, compared to other cities or bay area.

The courses here are quite good and of UC level. The quality and reputation is guaranteed.
You can actually really learn something. This school is also aimed for research so you can also participate in some volunteer research to prepare for grad school. Library is new and awesome, but still not many books yet and you can lend books from other UC schools.

If I were you I would apply for other UC schools if you haven't missed the deadlines (just like I did) or having any monetary concerns.

However, I would say the final decision is ultimately up to you.
We should get the best out of our education no matter where we are.

you are welcome to contact CSSA for further questions.
Hope they will be as honest and sincere as I am. :D
你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 成為會員

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|USTSU

GMT-8, 2024-4-18 19:43 , Processed in 0.029966 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.