USTSU

作者: toughrose
檢視: 5797|回覆: 0

主題標籤Tag

more +隨機圖賞Gallery

单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900
灣區舊金山教車教練灣區舊金山教車教練
雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房
Cupertino雅房出租Cupertino雅房出租
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850

My son’s first Hospitalized dated 3/19 f

[複製連結]
toughros 發表於 2007-3-23 11:34:59 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
檢視: 5797|回覆: 0
分類:兒子日記2007/03/23 22:11兒子從蹺蹺板摔下來,住院一個晚上,隔天凌晨動手術,將在家裡休息兩週。 A crazy day after a nap, I received a call from my son’s school that my son was falling from the seesaw inside the school playground. Rushing to the school, the school nurse told me that he may have broken his arm. After calling my husband, we decided to take him home first. I got to the house, my son already tearful via the pain. Few minutes later my husband was backing home, we rushed him to the hospital emergency room. After all the paper work about 1 hour, we still did not see the Dr. Then, we complained if we did not see the Dr., we will leave the hospital. The patient advocate moved us up for us to see the first Dr. that exam where he hurt. She suggested an X-ray for next step. We went in for his X-ray and waited for the result. Another female Dr. came in and told us that his elbow is broken and it will need surgery tonight. They were waiting for the special bone Dr. called Orthopedic Surgeons to call in for the treatment. We did not see the special Dr. until we administered our son for a night at the hospital. Dr. explained to us that if our son did not do the surgery, it will cause him forever with his arm open looking like a V sign. It would have caused him his physical image also his future. The whole night with our son since only one of us can stay with him; my husband went home to prepare us for the night to stay at the hospital. After short discussion with the Dr, he told us the surgery will postpone till next morning at 730. My husband brought in our family emergency fund for the medical bill tomorrow. The whole night our son waking up once 3 hours to take the pain medicine so he would be able to deal with his pain. It is almost the worst night of my life to see the little one get hurt and feel hopeless for him. Recalling my own hospital experience in 1999 giving birth to our son, no one was on my bed side beside my husband and American medical teams were so cold. Everyone in my family was back in my country and there is no one else that I could have reached since my sister was also giving birth for her 2nd son so my mom was unable to visit me. I did not have time or energy to contact any of my friends. It was such lonely journey for me. I am glad this time I did not face my son’s alone. My social group (AAWSC) is such big help. Maryann called my mom in Taiwan for the prayer from my mom’s temple and Purple called my mom to let her know my son would be fine! Even though Ivy was unable to reach my mom for me, I am certainly grateful for her doing for me. While I was at the waiting room for my son’s surgery, I called my local friends and later they all called back for the concern and care. It has been great that my group has such big support for me no matter what it is. I am happy to be part of it. After surgery that Dr. came to talk to me, everything is going great as plan. My son would be able to leave this afternoon. We will come back to check on him at his office next week. I was at waiting room and tried to call my son’s school to talk to his school nurse and gave them some information about my son’s status. One hour later my son was ready to go back to his room for recovery. We stayed there for few more hours till he could go to bathroom and ate well and managed the pain. Then, we left the hospital by 3pm. My husband was still in his meeting so we called the cab to go back home. At the first we got home was to get him pain medicine and let him sit up for his TV time. I was ready to prepare some dinner. Finally we can put the hospital behind us. It would take 4 weeks for his fully recovery as Dr. informed me earlier. While we stayed at the hospital, I could see each Dr. or nurse how they treat their job. It is a very stressful job that I can tell from observing them. This is about professional and their humor to deal with daily life inside the hospital. As “ER” some Dr. or nurses let me recall some characters inside the TV series. That is not real but what we or these doctors or nurses they experience are real. As a patient’s mom felt worried and hopeless and how we deal with a sick child that feeling is the same. Thanks for my sisterhood, thanks Maryann sis was listening to my first cry for this hopeless feeling bottled inside me for so long. Thanks Purple sis was able to let me know how she had been through and now I can really realize how strong she has been. Thanks for my group sending me greeting for their care and concern. I will hang in there because of their love and most of all thank for my mom’s prayer at her temple. (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/df-temple/ ) Even though I was hospitalized during my 3rd grade breaking my right leg from a car accident and it took me 2 months in bed for recovery. I had also shared that experience with my son how I broke my leg when I was 9. Now my son is 8 just right after his birthday party the next day he has a fall. Life is so unpredictable even though I had sensed a bad feeling for so long and it still happened. It is my son’s life that he needs to learn how to deal with. I am just here to help him to overcome his unhappy moment. This experience would teach me to be stronger and even let me know understand life. We try to live each day as best we can and lucky what I have the supportive family and friends. Thanks for you to be there for me as always! Thanks for many of you have been sending greeting and prayer for us. I may not be able to reply each of you; however, I really appreciate your kindness. Please be patient for me to attend to your mail or request later. You are free to send in greeting via email or call my cellular to leave me message. I would be appreciated if any of you in medical field suggest me some medical advises during the care for my son's recovery. For those of you are oversea, you can call to my mom's temple if you like to send in your greeting or prayer for us. In addition, my mom’s temple has class the first month of every Sunday if you like to join in. It does warm up my heart for each greeting sends in. If you like to cheer up my son by sending him something, please email me so I will reply you later. Thanks again for thinking of us! Angel, AAWSC http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AAWSC/ p.s. All new applications or job request or gathering plan will slowly reply so please be patient if you did not hear from me yet. We have coming gathering on 24th lunch in LA and 31st dinner in Boston and 14th of April in DC. Please email for detail!
你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 成為會員

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|USTSU

GMT-8, 2024-4-25 21:15 , Processed in 0.029760 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.