USTSU

作者: Hua
檢視: 6208|回覆: 1

主題標籤Tag

more +隨機圖賞Gallery

单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900
灣區舊金山教車教練灣區舊金山教車教練
雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房
Cupertino雅房出租Cupertino雅房出租
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850

【SCU】Int'l Club: Events for the Quarter

[複製連結]
Hua 發表於 2005-1-22 15:59:23 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
檢視: 6208|回覆: 1
Hello International Club!
This e-mail is extremely long, but it has lots of interesting stuff in it!  Please read on if you're curious about International Club events for the quarter.

1)  TAHOE
If would like to come to Tahoe President's Day weekend (Feb. 18-21) for skiing/snowboarding/sledding/hanging out, please let me know by responding to this e-mail by Friday, January 28th (if you haven't already told me).  We need to get some numbers so we know how big of a place to reserve.  We'll most likely be staying in a house somewhere, so the more people we get, the cheaper your price will be.  We'll only get group rates for lift tickets if we have 20 or more people.  We'll either go to Kirkwood or Northstar (depending on where we can find good accommodations). Right now, I'm estimating $100 (for food and lodging) to $165 (food/accommodation + 1 day lift ticket and rental) for the weekend.

2) CLUB HAPPENINGS THIS QUARTER
Thanks for all of you who came to the planning meeting on Thursday*we got some great ideas! Although I would love to spend hours planning and organizing things for the International Club each week, I just can't*so here's how things are going to work this quarter: If you want to do one of the events, volunteer to help organize it!  Hopefully we'll get a few volunteers to sign up for each event, and I'll be the liaison between you, the club, and International Programs/Associated Students.  Here are some of the options for events you can volunteer to help with:

Just in San Francisco:
Scavenger hunt through the city
Wind surfing in the bay
Shopping
Concerts
Renting bikes and sight-seeing

Food:
Barbequing
Cheesecake cooking night/cheesecake party
International dessert night (April 29th with YOL 2005-see below-but we could do another one if we want to)
Dinners at ethnic restaurants
International food festival

Other stuff:
Mini-golf
Clubs: SF, Palo Alto, Berkeley, anywhere else*
Movie nights/Imax
Egg decorating for Easter
St. Patrick's Day celebration (at an SF club?)
Hawaii for spring break
Trip to L.A.
Monterey Bay Aquarium/Cannery Row/Carmel day trip
Great America
Visit Egyptian museum in downtown San Jose
Go-carting
Hiking
Shopping in Gilroy
Basketball/football game in Sacramento or SF (major leagues)
Trip to visit vineyards in Sonoma

Obviously, we can't do all this, but if one really grabs your attention and you're willing to help plan it, please write me back and give me a possible date for it. We'll figure things out from there!

3) A COUPLE OF "ACADEMIC" EVENTS
a. The International Club is co-sponsoring a panel/conversation titled "International Perspectives on U.S. Foreign Policy" on February 10th at 7pm (place TBA). That means we'll be doing some advertising and encouraging attendance.

b. This year is "Year of the Foreign Languages" (YOL)  It's a campaign sponsored by The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) with the purpose of forming "a plan of action to implement policies that will promote the agenda of languages for all Americans".  ('Cause we all know most Americans stink at foreign languages!) Please see http://www.actfl.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3408 for more info.
               Anyway, as a club we have the opportunity to get involved.  Attached is the tentative calendar of events. I'll be letting you know upcoming events as I send out weekly e-mails. There are lots of movie nights and other fun stuff. Does anyone have any ideas on how to be further involved?  It could be poetry, literature, music*etc., anything to do with sharing and promoting languages. Please let me know. We're thinking about sponsoring the Feb. 9th Spanish night and showing the film "The Spanish Apartment" as well as co-owing an International dessert night. Let me know if you'd like to be further involved with either of those.
             The upcoming YOL activities for next week are: Tues., Jan 25th: Japanese Film: Shall We Dance? The Bronco, 10 PM and the 27th: Italian Film: Cinema Paradiso, Daly Science 207, 7 PM (sponsored by the Cinema Club).  Go watch the fun foreign films!!

4) Textbook exchange
On an unrelated note, there's an international grad student here who just created a web text exchange. If you're tired of over-priced books at the bookstore, check it out: http://www.textbookzoo.com

That's all for now...thanks for getting all the way to the bottom!  Club activities depend on your participation this quarter, so I hope to hear from you soon!

Tessa Carter
Peer Minister
International Club President
TCarter@scu.edu
SCUInternationalClub@hotmail.com
529 Lafayette Street      
408-249-2055

YOL Total Calendar.doc

176 KB, 下載次數: 112

Blueted 發表於 2005-1-23 00:54:37 | 顯示全部樓層
哇 SCU的international club有這麼多活動喔
可是裡面有多少台灣人啊? 應該ABC會比較多吧
你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 成為會員

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|USTSU

GMT-8, 2024-4-30 07:49 , Processed in 0.018948 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.