USTSU

作者: danny803
檢視: 6711|回覆: 6

主題標籤Tag

more +隨機圖賞Gallery

单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900
灣區舊金山教車教練灣區舊金山教車教練
雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房
Cupertino雅房出租Cupertino雅房出租
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850

【通知】Part time job

[複製連結]
danny803 發表於 2005-2-28 09:44:33 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
檢視: 6711|回覆: 6
The person offering this job is a nice Taiwanese. Please reply ASAP if you are interested in this opportunity.

Daniel
===============================================
I would appreciate it if you could find a friend for making a trip to Independence either weekdays or weekend to conduct a simple task, which is one of my environmental consulting projects.  Independence is located on Hwy 395 east of Kings Canyon National Park.  It is a beautiful country.  For a ski-lover, it is a good time to go there now.  The place can be reached through south of Lake Tahoe, from 89 to join 395. It will take about 5 hours to get there.  However, one needs to check road conditions with Caltrans before taking this route.  The safe way is through north of Bakersfield, 99, 155 and 178 to join 14 and 395.  It could take a total of 8 hours one way.  

The site is a gas station with a convenience store, located at 350 S. Edwards, Independence 93526, southeast corner of Edwards (also 395) and Pavilion.  The owner, Edmund Mather and his wife, operates the store from noon to 9:00 pm.  I have obtained most of information, and thus, it is not essential to meet him.  One can reach him at 760-878-2172, telling him that he is a team of Huang & Associates.

This is a TSA (transaction screen assessment needed for a property transaction). The property is about 26,000 sf, on which there is a 2,100 sf store building.  New USTs (underground storage tanks) were installed in 1997.  I have obtained most of information about the property.  All the contractor has to do are to: (1) take photos (be sure not against the sunlight) of the property (about 8, of which at least one to cover overall view of the property), and adjacent surrounding feature (about 6); (2) make a simple sketch (showing North-South orientation) showing building, dispenser islands, etc. and surrounding identities (what are at north, south, east and west); and (3) make notes of whatever observations of important features about the subject and adjacent properties.  The total time at the site could be less than 30 minutes (no interview with the owner is required)

The lump sum is $400.00 for the trip.  I will pay it upon return from the trip.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and who and when such that I can make all necessary arrangements.

Jerry
jcw007 發表於 2005-2-28 11:35:35 | 顯示全部樓層
OK, so I looked up the place on yahoo maps. Apparently, this is where the place is: IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE :D I am really interested, but HOW do you get there? by canoe? (boy, this is good material, good if I ever become a stand-up comedian one day)

ps. how do you contact Huang & Associates anyway?

[ 本文章最後由 jcw007 於 2005-2-28 at 12:40 PM 編輯修改 ]

[ 本文章最後由 jcw007 於 2005-2-28 at 12:42 PM 編輯修改 ]
mapimage.gif
jeremy 發表於 2005-2-28 11:49:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Haha...that's interesting:biggrin:
"The site is a gas station with a convenience store...."
There must be some roads to get there, otherwise what's the gas station for..
I remember seeing a movie about someone going to a gas station in the middle of nowhere...some horrible thing happened and no one ever saw him again.:dev:
 樓主| danny803 發表於 2005-2-28 11:59:25 | 顯示全部樓層
For the interested party: please call Jerry Huang at 916-483-9336 ASAP for more details.
jcw007 發表於 2005-2-28 12:27:07 | 顯示全部樓層
hahah that's exactly what i had in my mind when i saw the map, u know, a gas station with old, rusted gas dispensers (or whatever u call them), high wind, sand in the air and tumblweed! hahah and yeah, something bad ALWAYS happens at places like those cuz we've seen it happened so many times on big screen! hahah now, they are only paying $400 when I know I would be putting my life in grave danger? Man, I think for task like this, they should arrange an armored humvee, couple machine guns with a few thousand rounds, a complete survivalist kit (if McGyver himself is not available) and a GOOD life insurance in case I am seriously injured and need to claim worker's compensation! hahahaha Now, with all that said, shouldn't this be an ONE-TIME JOB, instead of a PART-TIME JOB? (man, this is gold :D)

Lets have a look at the gas station again at "street level" to see if we missed anything in the previous picture:

[ 本文章最後由 jcw007 於 2005-2-28 at 01:37 PM 編輯修改 ]
mapimage.gif
jcw007 發表於 2005-2-28 13:35:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Ohhhhh, I know why the place is called Independence: it's INDEPENDENT OF EVERYTHING ELSE!

"The site is a gas station with a convenience store..."

Now, a store located in places like that is NOT called a convenience store. Well yeah, it's convenient for the owner to rip people off! But definitely NOT convenient when you have to drive 20 miles just to get a carton of milk. You drive another 20 miles to get home only to find out the milk has expired. Nope, not convenient at all. And in places like those, you can forget about finding stores with the word "SAVE" or other variations of the word "SAVE" in their names. "No, ma'am, there's no U-SAV supermarket around here, but there's a RIP-U drugstore across street." :naughty:

Sorry dan, i am not making fun of the post, i just needed a good laugh :P

Now lets see where Independence is in relation to the Bay Area:
mapimage.gif
megism 發表於 2005-3-1 00:22:45 | 顯示全部樓層
Hey!  If anyone is traveling to the 3 nearby National park during spring break, this would be a great side job to help pay for expenses!
你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 成為會員

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|USTSU

GMT-8, 2024-4-28 01:38 , Processed in 0.017415 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.