USTSU

作者: pychen
檢視: 11687|回覆: 3

主題標籤Tag

more +隨機圖賞Gallery

单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900
灣區舊金山教車教練灣區舊金山教車教練
雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房
Cupertino雅房出租Cupertino雅房出租
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850

【求助】找工作真的要先搬到加州嗎?

[複製連結]
pychen 發表於 2005-3-28 17:35:14 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
檢視: 11687|回覆: 3
最近在找軟體程式設計的工作找了一段時間,看到很多公司都寫要local people. 我現在在utah,這裡的電腦工業並不發達. 難道真得像大家所說的要搬到加州找嗎? 是不是公司看到不是當地的candidate時就直接略過了呢? 是不是因為我的履歷才都石沈大海呢?:hitwall:
tudole 發表於 2005-3-28 19:05:35 | 顯示全部樓層
Choosing a school is like buying a house. Location, location and LOCATION!

Your chance surely doubles if you're in CA.
Blueted 發表於 2005-3-29 08:53:55 | 顯示全部樓層
可是加州競爭很大ㄝ
也不是說Local就可以找到工作
你可以在履歷上寫 即將搬到加州之類的啊
如果真的錄用 那就搬囉 :rolleyes:
jcw007 發表於 2005-3-29 13:51:48 | 顯示全部樓層
You know, when you are local, companies can call you up again anytime, say one week, two weeks, or three weeks, after your first interview to come in for a second interview. That's why a lot of people moved to CA to look for a job. I think the job market for software folks is still bad. So, it's all too normal that your resume sinks to the bottom of the sea, especially if you are not local or are not from top schools (well, that's what I always tell myself haha meaning i am not from top school, and i am in no way saying your school is not a top school...but i know mine isn't haha). So my suggestion is that if you are really DETERMINED to find a job here, then you should move here. In fact, after you move here, you might see things in a different prespective (ie, you will soon realize how much money you have to bring home in order to make a decent living here, how housing cost in the Bay Area is ridiculously high, and how Uncle Sam takes away 1/3 of each of your paycheck). *bitter* :P
你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 成為會員

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|USTSU

GMT-8, 2024-4-27 21:39 , Processed in 0.017178 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.