USTSU

作者: shinji
檢視: 6371|回覆: 0

主題標籤Tag

more +隨機圖賞Gallery

单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach单人房间出租 Summer/Fall 2024 - 距离CSULB 1.9mi Long Beach
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租900
灣區舊金山教車教練灣區舊金山教車教練
雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房雅房分租日落區(sunser)及套房
Cupertino雅房出租Cupertino雅房出租
爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850爾灣 Turtle Rock 好區雅房出租850

[燒錢的生活] 電機系修課新規定

[複製連結]
shinji 發表於 2007-8-7 21:42:27 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
檢視: 6371|回覆: 0
來自系主任的信
怕翻譯後會有人曲解意思,我只接把整封信轉過來
主要在於各領域的課程有一些修改,新生可能要特別注意一下自己的讀書計畫

Dear Graduate Students

On behalf of the Department of Electrical Engineering, I hope you are having a good summer, studying, working or just relaxing for a change, or any combination of the above.  Very soon you will be registering for the Fall 2007 quarter.  I would like to update you on the three year schedule that I am attaching to this message. And, I have a few comments about it:

A-- MW and communication concentration:
1. We made modification for the series 242, 2 and 3 as indicated in Attachment #1.
2. We continue to offer ELEN 701 as the first course in the microwave series and it is recommended too for the communication majors. It is offered in the Fall.
3. The phase lock loop courses 345/6 will be offered in the winter/spring since they now have a prerequisite of ELEN 241.
4. Also, last the number of units for 706 is now 4 units and ELEN 726 has been increased to 3 units.

B--Micro and Nanoelectronics:
1. ELEN 266 has been discontinued in order to offer the nanoelectronics courses. So far we offer Nanomaterials and Nanoelectrnoics.  The department offers also an introduction to nanotechnology under the course number ENGR 260 which is open to all graduate students.
2. A new laboratory course will be offered in the Spring. It is a 2-unit course on Measurement which assumes that the student did not have previous experience with measurement.

C--Design and Test Concentration or certificate:
ELEN 613/614 will not be offered. The certificate will be updated to reflect the change.
Ask your advisor for a replacement.

D—Digital Signal Processing
1. The two courses ELEN 421 and 432 Adaptive Filters will be taught as one 4-unit course starting Fall 2007.
2. An additional DSP certificate has been developed, see Attachment #2

E--Administrative issues
1. Program of Studies:  You are required to complete a Program of Studies (POS) by the end of your first quarter here at SCU, and then submit the approved form to the Engineering Graduate Programs office.  Your academic advisor can help you plan your program and solve issues that may arise while progressing in your studies. You may select your advisor yourself, or talk to the graduate office or the Chair of the Department to help you in this process.  Please, take advantage of these opportunities that will ensure that your progress in your studies goes smoothly.  

2. Core Courses:  I would like to inform you that it is important to take the core courses including the mathematics requirements before enrolling in the electives.  The series of classes that make up the core are designed to assure that all graduates of the school achieve a minimum breadth of knowledge in EE.  In addition, these courses are prerequisites for several the electives.  

3. Prerequisite Courses: You should definitely make sure you know the material in the prerequisite course before taking a particular course. The department decided to allow students to challenge courses in this fashion so they do not have to repeat courses. Please let us know by September 15, which course(s) you elect to challenge. (please, send email Sotheary Pen, spen@scu.edu)

4. Grade Point Average: Additionally important, is your grade point average. Your GPA has to be kept at 3.00 or better.  Your GPA is inclusive of any, yes, any courses you have taken at SCU. This includes courses you have taken on an Open University status.
Very soon, the Department will be posting the updated version of the 3-year schedule on web at: http://scu.edu/engineering/ee/grad/3yr_tentative_schedule.cfm
Meanwhile, I would like to hear from you about the schedule.  Please send your email to elen@scu.edu   I promise to give your comments careful evaluations and to respond to you.

Sincerely, Samiha

Samiha Mourad
William and Janice Terry Professor
Chair
Electrical Engineering Department
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053

2007-2010-byCatergory-students.htm

158.48 KB, 下載次數: 175

Attachment#1-Communication.doc

24 KB, 下載次數: 244

Attachment#2-DSP_App_cert.doc

24.61 KB, 下載次數: 207

你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 成為會員

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|USTSU

GMT-8, 2024-4-24 22:51 , Processed in 0.022034 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, APCu On.